I said the Rants don’t have to be about Entertainment, right?
For those of you who haven’t heard about this group, be ready for an earful. For those of you who are members or supporters of this group and are reading this let me say 1 thing before I begin: F*** you a** holes. And please know I say that with no due respect and that I would like to push your faces into elephant turds. Each and every one of you.
The Westboro Baptist Church is famous for their more radical practices. Indeed, they are known nation-wide as a “hate group”. Their exploits range mainly around anti-homosexuality. The church is said to spend almost a quarter of a million annually on protests and picketing, with daily pickets in Topeka. They travel around a lot though.
This group does some pretty messed up protests, I’ll list them for you as examples
- They picketed an appliance store in Topeka who sold Swedish vacuum cleaners. Why? Because they saw the store as being in support of the Swedish prosecution of Ake Green, who was a pastor who was highly critical of homosexuals. Yep- you thought right: in their mind since the store sells Vacuum cleaners from Switzerland that means they love gay people.
- They regularly picket or threaten to picket productions of “The Laramie Project”, a play and movie which is about the murder of Matthew Shepard, a gay boy killed violently in a hate crime. Oh, and they also picketed his funeral.
- They protested a memorial for the 2006 Sago Mine disaster victims saying the accident was God’s revenge against America for tolerance of homosexuality.
- This is the major one that is drawing attention today: their picketing of soldiers killed overseas. In the mind of these radicals the deaths of these men and women is punishment for America being more and more tolerant to gay individuals. Most noted is their signs “Thank God for Dead Soldiers”.
- The group picketed the funeral of Michael Jackson and recorded a version of “We Are the World” entitled “God Hates the World”.
Almost as famous as the protests themselves are the measures people go through to stop them.
- At the funeral of three students killed in a house fire at the University of Wisconsin 2 years ago over 1,000 students from the university showed up and drove off the church after only 15 minutes of protesting and kept them away.
- When Canadian Tim McLean was murdered on a Greyhound bus in Canada the church announced their plans to picket his funeral. The Canadian guard refused to let them cross the border and the few who did get through did not go to the funeral.
- When the group protested at a funeral of a plane crash victim a large group of students from University of Buffalo and the surrounding area arrived and held up large white sheets around the victim’s family and the service, protecting the family from seeing their signs.
- The group “Patriot Guard Riders” is a motorcycle brigade formed in protest of the Westboro Baptist Church. They exist throughout the country and drive to the funerals of soldiers and other protests held by the church and rev their engines in order to drown out the protesters.
This church is known to be homophobic, xenophobic (after releasing a statement in regards to the 2008 Sichuan Earthquake in China thanking god for the loss of so much life and praying “for many more earthquakes to kill many more thousands of impudent and ungrateful Chinese communists”) and racist.
There are several court cases involving the group- most of which were brought on by the “church” themselves when they are attacked by angry citizens. Most recently a man is being charged with attacking the members after he drove past them at a protest and sprayed them with mace. There are also cases against them trying to prevent them from coming to funerals of dead soldiers or allow the police to remove them by force.
About the cases against them preventing them to come to funerals and allow the cops to drag them out- I really hope those people loose their lawsuits… It kills me to say that, I hate the Westboro Baptist Church as much as any true human being, but as much as they sicken me the government just cannot cross that line. It is free speech at it’s worst, but it’s still free speech. The government shouldn’t take that right away, because if they do then where is the line drawn?
That being said I really wish there was something that can be done against these pathetic and disgusting excuses for human beings. They are worse than the shit that is thrown at their faces. I know it is horrible to ever say something like this, but if they died today, this second, I would only thank god. These creatures that take part in this church are the worst kind of scum.
You know how you can tell they are the worst? The KKK has even said they go too far. Let me say that again: THE KU KLUX KLAN HAS SAID THE WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH IS TOO RADICAL. A GROUP KNOWN FOR LYNCHING AND BRUTALLY MURDERING HUNDREDS SAYS THEY GO TOO FAR. Not only that, the SAME STATEMENT was made by neo-Nazis. SO NAZIS AND THE KKK ARE AS APPALLED BY THIS GROUP AS I AM.
I’m going to ask your help here. I know the internet is a big place, and those of you who read my blog are from all over. If you know anyone, or even if you know a friend of a friend of a friend can help, I am begging you to forward this post to them. I want the members of this “church” to read it. Even if it isn’t one of the main members, I want any of them to see this. To read this.
Here is a message directly for them:
To the Westboro Baptist Church and all of you members and supporters,
It is polite to greet someone in a letter first, right? Well then I’ll say hello. I’m sure you get a lot of hateful letters, thank you for reading mine.
You are known as the scum of the Earth, but I don’t think that’s the case. See, scum is something that grows on the top of standing water. It’s a kind of bacteria, but some types of scum are actually helpful. I don’t think there is a word the fits you just right. Excrement? No, because even shit can rot and help good things to grow. Hum, to find a word that describes you… I don’t think one exists in any language that quite fits.
It’s wrong to say I hope you die. Even if I do, that is not something that should ever be said. I hope your lives are wretched, and I hope when you eventually do meet your maker, whoever it may be, they treat you the same way you treat those around you- with hatred and contempt.
I had the opportunity to join a protest against you once, but unfortunately I was ill. It was my idea to fill the area with rabid rottweilers, you know- the dogs known to be exceptionally violent. I hope you loose everything. I hope everything unkind you’ve ever done is done back to you. I hope that in the afterlife you burn in hell while all the homosexuals and soldiers whose funerals you protested at watch in happiness and luxury. I hope your children hate you. I hope everything unkind in this world happens to you. I hope you cry. I hope you get angry. I hope you never have another happy moment in your life. I hope you read this well.
Please know I write to you with absolutely no respect. You are worse than anything in this world. Every evil dictator, every person who has ever helped or supported genocide is better than you. I hope you know that.
So my final words to you will be this: while I can’t say “die in a fire”, which is my greatest hope for you, I can say that I hope your life is wretched. As wretched as the fowl and pathetic creatures you all are. Know that the world sneers at you. Know that every time someone throws something at you, yells at you, strikes you, I and everyone else are right behind them, supporting them.
Please help me to deliver this message to them- it is my greatest hope ever that they should read this. And I invite them to respond, though I know they wouldn’t. Bring it on you sick freaks.
And to the families of those who have run afoul of this group I sincerely hope you had the help of one of those counter-protesters. And please know that everyone prays for you to be free of them.