Archive for August, 2010
I forgot to let you all know about the little catch to the “Full Lyrics” section.
I mentioned this back when I organized the section by group, but I forgot to reiterate for you all: If you are looking for full lyrics of any Super Junior, Super Junior- M, Super Junior- T, Super Junior H, or Super Junior- K.R.Y. song I am filing all of them under the name “Super Junior”.
So those of you looking for the various versions of Super Junior- M’s “Blue Tomorrow” can find it marked under “Super Junior”.
I did this because I decided to just file them as the parent group, not the sub sets of the group. Since Super Junior is the umbrella it all falls under I just put it all together.
Hope that clears up the confusion!
This is the OST for the Taiwanese drama “Hot Shot”.
This is a very sweet song about being madly in love with a girl. It isn’t about asking the girl to love them in return, it is just saying they feel blessed to be in love with them and wishing the girl nothing but happiness. There is one line that really stands out “If you have already fallin in love with his name I am willing to be gradually forgotten”.
“Cause I believe in the law of Inextinguishable Happiness/ who will give you the beauty in your palms/ silence keeps words inside/ just let my heart quietly guard you/ blessings don’t need echos”
Show Luo is known as the “Dance King of Asia” (it’s a poll done yearly, he usually wins, but this year he came in second under Hangeng). In this MV though he doesn’t dance, as it is an OST.
I haven’t seen the drama this came from, I just know it’s really popular. Just take the song apart from the MV and it tells a story of it’s own.
I don’t really have anything to say about this MV. It’s one of Show Luo’s calmer and sweeter ones, like “Love Doesn’t Travel Alone”.
Literal MVs are kind of awesome when done right.
For those of you who have never seen one it is when someone re-records their own version of the song and changes the lyrics to make fun of the MV itself.
When you see one of these and it is done well you can tell just how bad the MV itself is. If you can do a literal version and it makes more sense than the actual video that means the production crew screwed up big time.
So here is my personal favorite. I’ve seen others, but this one is just *so* natural and it fits so well~
I said the Rants don’t have to be about Entertainment, right?
For those of you who haven’t heard about this group, be ready for an earful. For those of you who are members or supporters of this group and are reading this let me say 1 thing before I begin: F*** you a** holes. And please know I say that with no due respect and that I would like to push your faces into elephant turds. Each and every one of you.
The Westboro Baptist Church is famous for their more radical practices. Indeed, they are known nation-wide as a “hate group”. Their exploits range mainly around anti-homosexuality. The church is said to spend almost a quarter of a million annually on protests and picketing, with daily pickets in Topeka. They travel around a lot though.
This group does some pretty messed up protests, I’ll list them for you as examples
- They picketed an appliance store in Topeka who sold Swedish vacuum cleaners. Why? Because they saw the store as being in support of the Swedish prosecution of Ake Green, who was a pastor who was highly critical of homosexuals. Yep- you thought right: in their mind since the store sells Vacuum cleaners from Switzerland that means they love gay people.
- They regularly picket or threaten to picket productions of “The Laramie Project”, a play and movie which is about the murder of Matthew Shepard, a gay boy killed violently in a hate crime. Oh, and they also picketed his funeral.
- They protested a memorial for the 2006 Sago Mine disaster victims saying the accident was God’s revenge against America for tolerance of homosexuality.
- This is the major one that is drawing attention today: their picketing of soldiers killed overseas. In the mind of these radicals the deaths of these men and women is punishment for America being more and more tolerant to gay individuals. Most noted is their signs “Thank God for Dead Soldiers”.
- The group picketed the funeral of Michael Jackson and recorded a version of “We Are the World” entitled “God Hates the World”.
Almost as famous as the protests themselves are the measures people go through to stop them.
- At the funeral of three students killed in a house fire at the University of Wisconsin 2 years ago over 1,000 students from the university showed up and drove off the church after only 15 minutes of protesting and kept them away.
- When Canadian Tim McLean was murdered on a Greyhound bus in Canada the church announced their plans to picket his funeral. The Canadian guard refused to let them cross the border and the few who did get through did not go to the funeral.
- When the group protested at a funeral of a plane crash victim a large group of students from University of Buffalo and the surrounding area arrived and held up large white sheets around the victim’s family and the service, protecting the family from seeing their signs.
- The group “Patriot Guard Riders” is a motorcycle brigade formed in protest of the Westboro Baptist Church. They exist throughout the country and drive to the funerals of soldiers and other protests held by the church and rev their engines in order to drown out the protesters.
This church is known to be homophobic, xenophobic (after releasing a statement in regards to the 2008 Sichuan Earthquake in China thanking god for the loss of so much life and praying “for many more earthquakes to kill many more thousands of impudent and ungrateful Chinese communists”) and racist.
There are several court cases involving the group- most of which were brought on by the “church” themselves when they are attacked by angry citizens. Most recently a man is being charged with attacking the members after he drove past them at a protest and sprayed them with mace. There are also cases against them trying to prevent them from coming to funerals of dead soldiers or allow the police to remove them by force.
About the cases against them preventing them to come to funerals and allow the cops to drag them out- I really hope those people loose their lawsuits… It kills me to say that, I hate the Westboro Baptist Church as much as any true human being, but as much as they sicken me the government just cannot cross that line. It is free speech at it’s worst, but it’s still free speech. The government shouldn’t take that right away, because if they do then where is the line drawn?
That being said I really wish there was something that can be done against these pathetic and disgusting excuses for human beings. They are worse than the shit that is thrown at their faces. I know it is horrible to ever say something like this, but if they died today, this second, I would only thank god. These creatures that take part in this church are the worst kind of scum.
You know how you can tell they are the worst? The KKK has even said they go too far. Let me say that again: THE KU KLUX KLAN HAS SAID THE WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH IS TOO RADICAL. A GROUP KNOWN FOR LYNCHING AND BRUTALLY MURDERING HUNDREDS SAYS THEY GO TOO FAR. Not only that, the SAME STATEMENT was made by neo-Nazis. SO NAZIS AND THE KKK ARE AS APPALLED BY THIS GROUP AS I AM.
I’m going to ask your help here. I know the internet is a big place, and those of you who read my blog are from all over. If you know anyone, or even if you know a friend of a friend of a friend can help, I am begging you to forward this post to them. I want the members of this “church” to read it. Even if it isn’t one of the main members, I want any of them to see this. To read this.
Here is a message directly for them:
To the Westboro Baptist Church and all of you members and supporters,
It is polite to greet someone in a letter first, right? Well then I’ll say hello. I’m sure you get a lot of hateful letters, thank you for reading mine.
You are known as the scum of the Earth, but I don’t think that’s the case. See, scum is something that grows on the top of standing water. It’s a kind of bacteria, but some types of scum are actually helpful. I don’t think there is a word the fits you just right. Excrement? No, because even shit can rot and help good things to grow. Hum, to find a word that describes you… I don’t think one exists in any language that quite fits.
It’s wrong to say I hope you die. Even if I do, that is not something that should ever be said. I hope your lives are wretched, and I hope when you eventually do meet your maker, whoever it may be, they treat you the same way you treat those around you- with hatred and contempt.
I had the opportunity to join a protest against you once, but unfortunately I was ill. It was my idea to fill the area with rabid rottweilers, you know- the dogs known to be exceptionally violent. I hope you loose everything. I hope everything unkind you’ve ever done is done back to you. I hope that in the afterlife you burn in hell while all the homosexuals and soldiers whose funerals you protested at watch in happiness and luxury. I hope your children hate you. I hope everything unkind in this world happens to you. I hope you cry. I hope you get angry. I hope you never have another happy moment in your life. I hope you read this well.
Please know I write to you with absolutely no respect. You are worse than anything in this world. Every evil dictator, every person who has ever helped or supported genocide is better than you. I hope you know that.
So my final words to you will be this: while I can’t say “die in a fire”, which is my greatest hope for you, I can say that I hope your life is wretched. As wretched as the fowl and pathetic creatures you all are. Know that the world sneers at you. Know that every time someone throws something at you, yells at you, strikes you, I and everyone else are right behind them, supporting them.
Please help me to deliver this message to them- it is my greatest hope ever that they should read this. And I invite them to respond, though I know they wouldn’t. Bring it on you sick freaks.
And to the families of those who have run afoul of this group I sincerely hope you had the help of one of those counter-protesters. And please know that everyone prays for you to be free of them.
Was this song in “2012”? Because if not I won’t believe you. Every background shot is a reference to the movie, and there are shots from the movie in it. I saw “2012” about 4 times in theaters and I don’t remember this song from it, but still.
The song is about facing the end of a relationship and wishing there was a way to save it… Or it is about being lonely and without love and wishing for one last chance at love. Either way it is asking for a miracle, saying it is time for even a little hope and luck.
“I know this flame isn’t dying/ so nothing can keep me from trying/ baby you know that/ maybe it’s time for miracles/ cause I ain’t givin’ up on love/ you know that/ maybe it’s time for miracles/ cause I ain’t giving up on love”
None- just some shots directly from “2012” and some shots that are kind of like “While this was happening lets look on the next street”. Their favorite theme is the scene where LA is being destroyed by an earthquake. You don’t see the cast directly (the limo a lot), but you see people running and Lambert walking calmly down the street singing amidst the destruction.
Watch 2012. I don’t think this song fits perfectly into the movie, but I’ve seen worse choices. For example: “What I’ve Done” in “Transformers”. That song made absolutely no sense as the credit song. But this one works I guess. It draws more focus to the love story aspect of the movie, namely the love story between the President’s daughter and the scientist (I don’t remember character names… The girl from “Avatar” and the guy from “Serenity”). I think the song in the MV focuses more on the idea of asking God for a miracle after all the horrors of the movie “2012”.
Take the song away from the plot for “2012” and you have a totally different meaning. Just saying.
I really have missed typing reviews these last two weeks, I think I’m in a review-withdrawal… So I’m going to try to take care of some tonight to get back on the wagon ^^
This song is definitely a hit away from the usual you hear from Lambert (well, at least what I’ve heard). It’s a bit more of a sexy song… Ok, I liked, it’s a LOT more of a sexy song. You can take it two ways, but it is definitely meant to be taken in a more sexual way. If you listen with the right mind though you could tweak the lyrics. I’ll explain later. The song is about having met a seemingly sweet boy who turns out to be a bit of a wild child.
“No escapin’ when I start/ once I’m in I own your heart/ there’s no way to ring the alarm/ so hold on until it’s over/ oh, do you know what you got into/ can you handle what I’m about to do/ cause it’s about to get rough with you/ I’m here for your entertainment/ oh, I bet you thought I was awfully sweet/ though an angel swept you off your feet/ but I’m about to turn up the heat/ I’m here for your entertainment”
There is actually dancing here, which impressed me. It’s done almost exclusively by backup dancers, but he plays a good part in the dance and follows the moves with his own rhythm. I don’t know if he does this on stage, I hope so. I especially like the work with the cane and the dancers. it is all very quick and he does surprisingly well. Like I said, I sincerely hope he does this in live performances, the dance works. You really only see it on the chorus, but still.
There isn’t really a story in the lyrics or in the video. The scenery seems REALLY disjointed though. The MV starts with shots of a city street, then it pans underground to a dim and wild club, which fits perfectly with the song and the MV. My issues are with the shots of Adam Lambert walking through a forest. It doesn’t fit with anything and I think it was a bad idea. While it doesn’t really bother you at first glance, when you think about it it just doesn’t fit. At the end the camera pans right back up to the street. I like MV’s that end like that- it suits them well.
Adam Lambert, for those of you who haven’t heard, is one of the only mainstream openly gay people out there. This MV has a very good balance that kind of shows that without really overly promoting it. I don’t mean it’s bad or anything that he’s gay, it’s hard to explain. You know those MV’s where the director dwells too hard on something? Yeah, that kind of thing. The ones where you think “Ok, we get it, move on”. This one did a really great job of creating a balance between the preferences. In the MV Adam Lambert does sexy dances with both men and women without drawing any attention to the difference, it’s just there. I like that he’s taking that approach. It’s a very natural MV.
Ok, what I was saying about the lyrics. You can almost imagine him saying “I’m here for your entertainment” to mean he’s here to sing for you and entertain you and even though he may not look like much he is a powerful performer. But the song is definitely meant in a more sexual way. But you don’t necessarily have to take it like that. If you switched up the lyrics in like 2 spots you can change the entire meaning of the song. I think that is what I like most about it, it’s difficult to hammer down.
I do have a bit of a complaint with Lambert himself, and this was up to the director to monitor, so the blame lies with both of them. It’s in Lambert’s expressions in his solo shots. They are kind of all over the place and then become repetitive. The director should have been keeping an eye on that and making sure the expressions were what was needed, and Lambert should have practiced more at home. It feels kind of unnatural to him and awkward.
I would have liked it if the shots with the dancers was a little more clear. You can see Lambert perfectly, but the dancers around him are kind of hard to see at times. While I know Lambert is the important one here, if you are going to have dancers you need to find a way to make them visible without overriding the singer. They are kind of half-blurred and it just draws your eye from him to them, which I’m thinking is the opposite of what was intended.
Like I promised I’ve been keeping an eye on what you all search for, and I’ve also gotten a few comments on the blog I’ve been wanting to address.
1) So far all the requests I’ve gotten are for lyrics for songs I’ve already posted the lyrics for (Hangeng’s “Fire” and Show Luo’s “Love Doesn’t Travel Alone”). In the case of the Show Luo song I think there is some confusion. “Love Doesn’t Travel Alone” is the title I used because that is the direct translation, but it also falls under another title: “You Won’t Be Alone”. At least whenever I do a search for it “Love Doesn’t Travel Alone” comes up. So look under the title I’ve been using and you’ll find your lyrics.
2) I’ll post the lyrics to S.E.O.U.L. Song sometime this week (maybe even today).
3) I got a request for a “Shinhwa Rant”…. I don’t really know anything about the group so I’m not sure what you wanted me to rant about? Was there some kind of controversy?
4) This is my main announcement regarding the comments I’ve been getting on the page. I asked previously for help in getting info on some of the groups I still need to do artist profiles on- since I can’t find much information on them. I’ve gotten some really great comments with really helpful info (especially one on KARA), but the comments are all in places they should not be. For example the KARA comment was on Super Junior K.R.Y.’s Artist Profile. If you post info about a group (which is REALLY helpful to me) please do it under “Recommendations”, not a different group’s profile or a different singer’s MV review. Or even post it on any “Reverse Stalking”. When it is irrelevant to the article it is marked as spam and I eventually delete it. But if you could re-post here or in “recommendations” I would be really grateful.
Ok- so that’s everything I’ve gotten requests for. PLEASE USE THE MENU TO FIND FULL LYRICS- everything I have so far is organized by artist there. I’ve gotten a lot of “Full lyrics to ### by ### please” requests for lyrics I’ve already posted. Eventually I’ll be reviewing Big Bang MV’s- my roommates are fans and I’ve been downloading a bunch.